Mary Newman, MBA, CMRP
Mary is an accomplished executive, innovation leader, researcher and brand strategy expert. She lead the brand strategy development for the most complex of brands: Retailers, Culture and Entertainment venues, Banks, Educational Institutions, Hospitals, Transit Systems, Airports, Cities, Regions and other Experience Brands. She is at home shaping brands and developing innovative customer experiences for service-driven enterprises. She has held executive roles with Brand Development, Research and Innovation being her primary areas of focus with FutureBrand, a division of the WPP Group, Cundari / SFP, SunLife Financial, and CIBC following a classic packaged goods brand management upbringing with Johnson&Johnson and Nestle. She is a skilled strategy and innovation facilitator and has led both small and large scale facilitations where internal and external engagement and buy-in are critical to the successful ideation and creation of both new and updated experiences, products, services and brands. She is a skilled facilitator, moderator and market researcher and has undertaken scores of research programs with brand strategy and customer experience innovation at the heart of the learning objectives. She is a dynamic public speaker, thought leader, writer, and educator on the topics of integrated brand strategy and innovation. Mary thrives on collaboration and creativity and constantly strives to inspire a spirit of innovation and excellence.
- Master of Business Administration, Rotman School of Business, University of Toronto
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, Wilfrid Laurier University
- CMRP, Certified Market Research Professional, MRIA
- Certified practitioner Creative Problem Solving Institute, Edward DeBono’s Lateral Thinking, Six Hats and a practitioner of Design Thinking.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Brand Strategy Development
- Market Research and Intelligence
- Customer Experience Innovation
- Employee and Public Engagement
- Innovation Process Facilitation
EXECUTIVE EDUCATION, APPOINTMENTS, MEMBERSHIPS and OTHER NOT FOR PROFIT EXPERIENCE
- Executive educator for the Canadian Marketing Association – Integrated Branding
- Schulich Business School – occasional executive education instructor
- Market Research and Intelligence Association(MRIA)
- Canadian Marketing Association (CMA)
- Qualitative Research Consultants Association (QRCA)
- Member of the Urban Land Institute and the International Downtown Associations
- Member of Verity – a business club for Entrepreneurial Women in Toronto.
- MasterMIND facilitator
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Ontario Lung Association
Richard Jenkins, Ph.D.
For more than fifteen years Richard has conducted leading edge consumer and business research using traditional (telephone, mail, in-person) and contemporary data collection methods (online, mixed-mode) for some of Canada`s leading public and private sector clients. His academic training focused on public opinion (including both methodological and substantive issues), public policy and politics. He is a member of a number of professional associations devoted to the study of public opinion, marketing and public policy. In the last five years, his work has focused on brand research with a number of studies conducted to support re-branding and/ or brand strategy efforts for both private and public organizations.
- Ph.D. Political Science, University of British Columbia, 1999
- M.A. Political Studies, Queen’s University, 1994
- B.A. (Honours) Political Studies, Queen’s University, 1992 AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Research design.
- Online research techniques.
- Quantitative data analysis, including advanced statistical analysis (e.g. factor analysis, segmentation, and multivariate regression).
- Customer experience and satisfaction.
- Brand equity and measurement.
Tim Dixon , M.Ed.
Tim is an expert in helping teams to achieve consistently high levels of performance for the brands they represent.
An accomplished experiential learning guru, he has designed and facilitated process designed to inspire, teach and align their every day actions – working toward the achievement of their goals and objectives.
For over 20 years he has worked with senior leadership teams and cross functional teams of all kinds for fortune 500 companies, municipalities and not for profit organizations in shaping initiatives that have profoundly changed behaviours.
Leadership, Culture and Values, Business Processes, Training and Skill Development and Motivation are some of the many areas that his practice addresses in order to give shape to Living the Brand initiatives.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Living the Brand Programs – Translating Brand Strategy into valued Customer Experiences
- Leadership development
- Team effectiveness
- Change management
- Training program design, development and train-the-trainer
- Expert in adventure-oriented experiential learning program design
- Qualitative Market Research
- New Product and Services Ideation and Decision Support
- Strategic and Operational Planning Process Facilitation
- Stakeholder Engagement Facilitation
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Masters of Education; B.R.L.S. & B.A. – Brock University
- Managing Organizational Transition trainer certification – Linkage
Design Thinker innovation/design thinking simulation-based training and ExperienceChange changing management simulation-based training – ExperiencePoint
Polarity Management facilitation certification – Polarity Management Institute
Future Search facilitation certification – Future Search Network
Mediation Skills for Leader & Managers trainer certification – Personal Strengths Publishing
Intergrated Community Sustainability Planning consultant certification – The Natural Step
safeTalk trainer certification for providing suicide prevention training – LivingWorks